NEWPORT NEWS — The Riverside College of Health Careers is hosting a virtual information session for those interested in careers in healthcare.
The session is free and open to the public. Login information can be found at Riverside’s website.
By attending the virtual information session, prospective students will learn how to apply to the school, receive application deadlines as well as program start dates.
In addition, attendees can learn information about the school’s new programs including a Adult Echocardiography Specialty and RN-to-BSN.
The Riverside College of Health Careers offers programs in nursing and allied health, with the stated mission of improving healthcare in the region by preparing “competent and caring professionals” in the industry with the credentials necessary for healthcare careers, according to the college’s website.
The school currently has around 70 staff members who serve an average of 350 students annually. The campus is located near the intersection of Main Street and Route 17 in Newport News, approximately three miles from Riverside Regional Medical Center.
According to the college’s website, the information session will take place via Zoom on Wednesday, March 17 from 3-4 p.m.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and reside in Virginia. A full list of admission requirements is available here.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Women’s History Month: Jamestown H.S. student recognized for documentary about first female West Point grads
- Five Influential Historical Women from Virginia’s Tidewater
- Victorious Images owner retires after 10 years serving cancer patients
- ICYMI: Suspicious incident, shoe collections, baking for a cause and more
- While women celebrate a century of voting, local League of Women Voters remembers rich history