Too cold to venture outdoors? Try walking inside instead.
James City County Parks & Recreation’s “Lounge Walk-About” program starts March 1.
The program is open to lounge members — adults aged 55-years-old and older. Lounge registration costs $65 annually for James City County and Williamsburg residents, and $75 for non-residents.
“Come inside the James City County Recreation Center and walk off winter’s chill on the indoor walking track,” boasts the department’s news release. “Pedometers are available to help keep track of how many loops you walk — 11 loops or walks around the track equals one mile.”
Due to COVID-19, the “daily lounge activities” are closed, however, members can use the walking track with the membership fee. “Use of the walking track is a savings over the Center’s senior membership rate.”
The Lounge Walk-About program is at the James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Road, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting March 1 from 9-11:30 a.m.
For more information about the Walk-About program, call 757-259-4178.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Historic Jamestowne set to reopen March 1
- ShamROCK the ‘Burg still on for 2021
- Calling all artists: Yorktown’s ‘Art at the River’ show is back
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra announces dates for live performances, celebrating 100 years
- Gov. eases COVID-19 restrictions as daily case numbers decrease, vaccine doses rise