The coronavirus pandemic may have stifled area events but one show is still going on.
The Yorktown Art at the River Juried Art Show is currently accepting submissions through Monday, March 15.
“Artwork accepted include original works in painting, clay, glass, fiber, basketry, leather, wood, graphics, photography, musical instruments, and mixed media,” according to a county news release on Tuesday. “Items must be conceived and executed solely by the exhibiting artist and all work must be for sale during the show with the artist present.”
The application fee costs $25 and if the artist is accepted, the invitation will be issued on Thursday, April 1. You can fill out the pdf application here.
The event is presented by the Art at the River Committee, the Yorktown Foundation and York County.
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the seventh annual art show was canceled at the waterfront and was virtual. You can see the 2020 juried artworks here.
The eighth annual Art at the River Juried Art Show is at Riverwalk Landing on Sunday, May 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Applications are available online here and can be emailed once complete. To receive an application in the mail, email email@example.com or mail a letter to the following address: Art at the River, 406 Old Dominion Road, Yorktown VA 23692.
For more information, call Maydel Nelson, chair of the Arts at the River Committee at 757-898-6147.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- York County woman dead following three-vehicle crash on Route 199, JCC PD says
- Are you a minority-owned business? Get certified as a SWaM business in James City County
- 17-year-old shot at Vacation Village at Williamsburg, JCC PD say
- James City County Police offer firearm safety courses
- Person flown to VCU after ‘self-inflicted gunshot wound, Williamsburg PD says
- ICYMI: Vaccinate Virginia, Capitol riot, hybrid learning and more
- Busch Gardens: Water Country is opening in May