Military veterans who are looking for work might find their next career at an upcoming virtual job fair.
The Corporate Gray Military-Friendly Job Fair will provide job seekers with military experience the opportunity to interview with employers across the country, according to its website.
The job fair will take place Feb. 17 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Interviews between job seekers and employers will take place via video chats and text messages. Both parties can determine if there is a career fit, given the candidate’s skills and experience and the employer’s requirements.
All job seekers can participate in the fair, whether they have military experience or not.
The fair is free to attend, and job seekers can register at the Corporate Gray website.
More than 20 companies and government agencies have registered to attend the virtual job fair. Employers include Leidos, the U.S. Secret Service, the Lockheed-Martin Corporation, and the Science Application International Corporation.
According to Corporate Gray’s website, the organization helps military personnel connect with employers and transition to civilian life. More than 200 Corporate Gray job fairs have been held across the country.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Get some much needed stress-relief with this meditation class
- Gov. Northam extends COVID-19 restrictions through the end of February
- WindsorMeade begins COVID-19 vaccination of residents and staff
- Greater Williamsburg Business Council talks Economic Aid Act. Here’s how it can help your business survive
- Have questions about the new vaccination clinic? Williamsburg, James City County have a new phone line for that