Residents looking for a “full body workout” might want to check this out.
James City County Parks and Recreation is offering a free class to teach residents how to use ergs or indoor rowing machines.
The class is for those 14 years and older. You can register online here.
“Unlike most activities, rowing incorporates the use of your legs, core and upper body,” according to the class description. “We’ll focus step-by-step on proper form so that you can learn and appreciate this complete full-body, low-impact, lifelong exercise.”
The “Learn to Row” class is at the James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Road on Saturday, Jan. 30 from 10-10:45 a.m.
Class registration is available online or you can call 757-259-4200.
For more information, visit the James City County Parks and Recreation catalog.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Williamsburg Crossing Bruster’s ice cream shop may soon have a drive-thru
- JCC Planning commission approves special-use permit for Williamsburg landscaping business
- Peninsula Health District expands COVID-19 vaccinations to ‘Phase 1b’ priority recipients
- WJCC Schools delays hybrid learning to mid-February
- Man charged for allegedly sodomizing teen, YPSO says
- Ex-Ford’s Colony co-owner indicted on bank fraud
- Q&A with W&M professor on First Amendment freedoms and limitations
- The George Washington Inn and Conference Center will be turned into a 125-unit rental apartment building
- Phase 2 of the First Baptist Church archaeological project begins; foundations donate millions