James City County Parks and Recreation’s annual Fitness Open House is back with a twist.
This year, the open house is offering both free in-person and virtual fitness events.
Residents can sign up for an “in-person demo class,” a virtual meet and greet with fitness instructors or both, according to the JCC Parks and Recreation’s announcement.
The classes are free and open to those 14 years old and older but registration is required. You can register for the classes here.
Each demo class is limited to 9 people, while the virtual sessions through Zoom are limited to 15 participants.
“As the impacts of COVID-19 continue to be felt, we ask for your patience, flexibility and support,” according to the county’s news release.” We depend on you, our patrons, to follow safety and social distancing guidelines as regularly released by the Governor of Virginia, the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”
See the list of scheduled classes below:
- Zumba: 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Meet the instructors Lindsey Kravitz, Felix Vladd, Rhiannon Ellis and Beth Guthrie virtually from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Barre: 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Bounce: 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Cycle: 10:40 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
- Meet the instructors Carey Sprigg and Bambi Walters virtually from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Yoga: 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Meet the instructors Sandy Layman, Christine Imperial, Laura Samorian and Teresa Susalis virtually from noon to 12:30 p.m.
- SilverSneakers Classic: Noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Meet the instructors Gail Peck and Bambi Walters virtually from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Cardio Hip Hop: 12:45 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Qigong: 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Kripalu Yoga: 2:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
The Annual Fitness Open House event is at the James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Road on Saturday, Jan. 16 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The event is also hosted via Zoom and those who register for the virtual meet and greet session will receive further instructors about their time slot. Classes can change based on social distancing guidelines so participants can call the department’s activities hotline at 757-259-3232.
For more information about the Fitness Open House, call 757-259-4176 or 757-259-4200.