Drivers in Hampton Roads and the Peninsula can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Jan. 10-16.
I-64 / I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, Norfolk/Virginia Beach:
- Multi-lane closures in both directions of I-264 between Newtown Road (Exit 15) and Witchduck Road (Exit 16) on Jan. 15 starting as early as 8 p.m., through Jan. 18 at 5 a.m., as well as additional traffic impacts, including:
- Consecutive, single-lane and shoulder closure on I-264 east starting 8 p.m. on Jan. 15 through 5 a.m. on Jan. 18;
- All but one lane closed on I-264 east no earlier than 11 p.m. on Jan. 16 through 7 a.m. on Jan. 17;
- Brief, intermittent slow rolls with stoppages of up to 20 minutes in both directions of I-264, starting as early 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 17
- *The above work was originally scheduled to occur on Jan. 8-11 and was postponed due to inclement weather.
- Closure with detour of a portion of Winwood Drive at eastbound Laskin Road (on the southside of Laskin Road) starting as early as Jan. 14. Click here for the full traffic alert.