A 47-year-old man is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a massage business in James City County last week, authorities said.
On Dec. 15, Shawn Lamonte Robinson had reportedly sexually assaulted a 41-year-old woman during a massage appointment at the Massage LuXe, 5239 Monticello Ave., James City County Police Department spokeswoman Stephanie Williams said.
Robinson was the massage therapist “and he assaulted a customer,” said Steve Rubino, JCC PD spokesman.
Williams said Robinson was arrested on Dec. 18 and charged with felony sexual assault, which is listed in state code as object sexual penetration.
He is being held without bond at the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” Williams added.
According to the Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System, Robinson was arrested on March 4 and charged with felony rape for an incident which happened on Feb. 14, 2018.
In July of this year, the charges –filed in Chesterfield Circuit Court––were reduced and he was found guilty of misdemeanor sexual battery, paid $1,551 in (court) fees and was sentenced to 12 months in jail (but only served four) since eight months were suspended.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Reminder: ‘Modified stay-at-home order, gatherings of 10 still in effect
- Here’s what’s closed in the Historic Triangle for the holidays
- Apart but not alone. Here’s a list of holiday services in the area
- Looking for a place to eat? Here are the holiday hours for local restaurants
- Winter weather forecast: Expect a cold, chilly Christmas –– without snow