All City of Williamsburg offices will be closed Thursday, Dec. 24 and Friday,
Dec. 25, as well as Thursday, Dec. 31 and Friday, Jan. 1, including offices in the
Municipal Building on Lafayette Street.
Quarterpath Recreation Center remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Waller Mill Park is closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
The holidays do not affect trash, recycling, or leaf collections in the City. It is a Blue Route
Week for leaf collection. For water emergencies after hours, weekends, and holidays, call 757-220-2331. More information can be found at williamsburgva.gov/publicworks.
James City County
The following county offices, buildings and other facilities are closed all day unless otherwise noted.
- County offices: Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1
- Libraries: Dec. 24 -25, Dec. 31 at 2 p.m. and Jan. 1
- Courts: Noon on Dec. 23, Dec. 24-25, 31 and Jan. 1
- Convenience Centers: Noon on Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Garbage Transfer Station: Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Curbside Recycling: Delayed one day i.e. Dec. 25 collection is Dec. 26 and Jan. 1 collection is Jan. 2.
- James City County Recreation Center: Dec. 24-25, Dec. 31 at 6 p.m. and Jan. 1
- Abram Frink Jr. Community Center: Dec. 24-25, Dec. 31 at 6 p.m. and Jan. 1.
- Parks: All county parks are open but the following offices and stores are closed:
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park and James City County Marina Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1.
- Freedom Park and Little Creek Reservoir’s stores and offices are open on the weekends only.
Thursday, Dec. 24 & Friday, Dec. 25 York County Offices, Courts, Public Libraries, York-Poquoson Social Services, Virginia Cooperative Extension, and Waste Management Center Administrative Offices will be closed.
York County Public Libraries will be closed Dec. 25 to Sunday Dec. 27 and again on Jan. 2.
Thursday, Dec. 31 & Friday, Jan. 1 York County Offices, Courts, Libraries, York-Poquoson Social Services, Virginia Cooperative Extension, and Waste Management Center Administrative Offices will be closed Thursday, Dec. 24 and Friday, Dec. 25. They will also be closed December 31 and January 1.
There are no Waste Management operations/collections on Fridays – Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Friday curbside garbage and recycling collections are moved to Saturday. The VPPSA Compost Facility is closed at noon on Dec. 24, and all day on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
For more information on the collection schedule, please call (757) 890-3780 or visit www.yorkcounty.gov/wastemanagement.
For more information on York County office closings, call York County Public Affairs at (757) 890-3300.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Five things you need to know: Christmas on a budget in a pandemic
- AAA predicts dramatic drop in holiday travel this season
- Looking for Christmas lights displays? Look no further, the Hampton Roads Christmas lights map is here
- This is not the year without Santa Claus. Here’s where you can spot him in person
- Special holiday prices for Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Here’s the deal
- Get in shape for the new year with these fitness classes