The Peninsula Health District is offering eight free drive-through testing events at locations on the Peninsula this month — these are the last events offered in 2020.
The demand for testing has increased dramatically since Thanksgiving, according to a news release from the Peninsula Health District.
In addition to the neighborhood community-based testing events, the two districts are partnering with a private laboratory-Mako-to offer two larger events at Peninsula Health Center and Hampton Roads Convention Center.
Testing is free and available to ages 12 and older at all sites.
Starred events can test any age. Check the Peninsula Health District Facebook page for updates and weather cancellations:
- Dec. 12: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — Y.H. Thomas Community Center, 1300 Thomas St., Hampton
- Dec. 12: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. — Peninsula Health Center 416 J. Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News*
- Dec. 14: 4:30-6:30 p.m. — Boo Williams Sports Complex, 5 Armistead Pointe Parkway, Hampton
- Dec. 15 — 3 p.m.-5 p.m. — New Mount Zion Baptist Church, 3991 Longhill Road, Williamsburg
- Dec. 16: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — Colossian Baptist Church, 856 Old Fort Eustis Blvd., Newport News
- Dec. 17: 4:30-6:30 p.m. — Westhampton Community Center 1638 Briarfield Road, Hampton
- Dec. 18: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — First Baptist Church East End, 3000 Jefferson Ave., Newport News
- Dec. 19: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. — Hampton Roads Convention Center, 1610 Coliseum Drive, Hampton*
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- A series of health related grants will be divvied out to local organizations. See who’s on the list
- COVID vaccines are coming, and so are scammers taking advantage of people’s fears
- You don’t have to wear a face mask when getting a facial. Here’s the deal
- Celebrate the start of the December with these winter programs