Shopping local this holiday season is more important than ever.
Local businesses across the county have taken a huge hit as less people have the money to shop and restrictions forced places to close or change their operating hours.
There are plenty of unique, gift and craft stores in the area to shop for holiday presents.
Williamsburg/James City County
- Seasons of Williamsburg has home and garden décor, flowers, candles and more.
- Scottland House offers a wide selection of unique gifts and clothing from Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales since 1978.
- The Williamsburg General Store has variety of, souvenirs, apparel, home decor, Virginia foods, toys, flags and more.
- The Mole Hole has affordable jewelry, accessories and gifts.
- Wythe Candy and Gourmet Shop has hand dipped and decorated caramel apples, chocolate strawberries, fresh fudge, candy, gourmet food and more.
- The Bruton Parish Gift Shop carries a wide range of merchandise including spiritual items, women’s accessories and gifts for every occasion.
- A Touch of Earth features fine American crafts by local, regional, and nationally known studio artisans like handmade pottery, jewelry, blown glass, stained glass, paintings, and more
- Black Dog Gallery offers framing appointments and handcrafted items made by more than 20 local artisans.
- Lilac Lane is a home furnishings consignment boutique, gift shop and DIY Studio.
- Pea Soup is a children’s consignment boutique carrying new as well as preowned merchandise including American Girl Doll outfits.
- Auntie M’s American Cottage offers upcycled and repurposed gifts, as well as one of a kind fine art made in America.
- Matties Gifts has crystal ware, jewelry custom made, a nautical themed room and a “wee Christmas” room with gifts.
- Yorktown Bookshop is a veteran-owned bookstore that offers antiquities along with quality used, rare and hard-to-find books.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- It’s the season of giving, caring. It’s also prime time for scammers
- Kick cancer this Christmas with a charity bazaar. Here are the details
- Here’s what you need to know if your driver’s license has expired – or about to expire during the pandemic
- Stone engravings and more: How one man turned his passion for rocks into a side gig