Phase 1 of improvements at the James county Marina is scheduled to begin this week.
The phase includes projects include:
- Dredging of the basin.
- Demolition and replacement of an existing fixed dock and uncovered slips with a new floating ADA accessible dock system equipped with power and water hookups.
- Demolition of the fixed docks in the waterman’s cove area (excluding the boat lift) and installation of a new dedicated canoe/kayak launch area.
- Installation of a living shoreline.
- Relocation of an existing fueling tank and controls with new dispenser and distribution line.
- Electrical and lighting improvements (expect some service disruption).
- Pedestrian improvements and asphalt repairs.
Starting Wednesday (Nov. 25), the main entrance to the Marina will close for the duration of the improvement project, according to a news release from the county’s Parks and Recreation Department.
Billsburg Brewery and the Marina remain open; however, visitors will enter the park via a temporary access road across from the Jamestown Settlement parking lot.
County officials said the brewery will remain fully operational during construction.
At the Marina, the refueling station, boat ramp and paddle craft floating launch will close for construction.
Patrons who need marine fuel during construction may refuel at Surry Seafood Company Marina in Surry.
For more information about refueling, call 757-294-3700.
Visitors wishing to rent and launch paddlecraft can do so at Chickahominy Riverfront Park and Little Creek Reservoir Park. Paddlecraft can be launched at Jamestown Beach Event Park and the Powhatan Creek and Blueway, county officials said.
Boaters may use the boat ramp at Chickahominy Riverfront Park, click here for fee information.
Improvements are scheduled for completion by mid-summer 2021. For more information, call the James City County Marina at 757-565-3699.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES: