Thanksgiving is just around the corner and some people planning to spend time with loved ones for the holiday might want to get tested for the coronavirus before the big day.
But just how effective are these COVID-19 tests?
According to the CDC website, rapid tests are generally less sensitive than viral tests.
“The clinical performance of rapid antigen diagnostic tests largely depends on the circumstances in which they are used. Rapid antigen tests perform best when the person is tested in the early stages of infection with SARS-CoV-2 when viral load is generally highest,” according to the website.
WYDaily has complied a list of locations in the Historic Triangle which offer COVID-19 tests, including rapid tests, at urgent cares, pharmacy and drive-thru locations. Some places require filling out a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to scheduling a test. You can call them directly for more information.
The list below show additional COVID-19 testing sites courtesy of the Virginia Department of Health’s website. You can use the website’s search tool to find other nearby testing sites here.
James City County
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 4670 Casey Blvd.
- Velocity Urgent Care, 4374 New Town Avenue, Suite 100
- Williamsburg Drug Company, 1310 Jamestown Road
- Williamsburg Urgent Care, 5239 Monticello Ave. Suite B, C
- Rite Aid Williamsburg, 4501 News Road
- CVS Pharmacy, 7529 Richmond Road
- M.D. Express Urgent Care – 4740 George Washington Memorial Hwy., Ste A
- CVS Pharmacy – 4432 George Washington Memorial Hwy — by appointment only, must schedule here. Testing available for ages 12 and older.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES: