The York County School Division is in the initial stages of developing its operating budget for July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
Division officials want the community’s input as they plan the budget this year. The division will hold two virtual community budget sessions on Nov. 10 and 12.
If interested in participating in one of the budget sessions, community members can register online for one of the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 – 6 – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 12 – 6 – 7 p.m.
Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email including the link to the scheduled session.
The adopted general fund budget for July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021 totaled $149,560,345 and represented an increase of 2.77% over the 2019-20 school year.
For more information on the budget for this year the past years, click here.
To stay up to date on the York County School Division meetings, events and news follow their Facebook page here.
- Meet Cadence, the 11-year-old not letting veterans’ graves in Yorktown be wreathless. You can help her
- Fairly local facts: Why does James City County have two Ironbound roads?
- W&M reinstates men’s teams through 2022
- Remember that ex-Lafayette High School principal indicted on an embezzlement charge? She was sentenced this week
- Here’s what’s in the former Williams-Sonoma at Merchants Square