Veterans Day is just around the corner.
The federal holiday on Wednesday, Nov. 11, which honors men and women who served in the armed forces, means some offices in the Historic Triangle will be closed.
Here’s a list of closures in Williamsburg, York and James City counties.
- City offices
- Williamsburg-James City County Courthouse
- Quarterpath Recreation Center
Waller Mill Park will keep normal operational hours, and the Williamsburg Regional Library branches will also be open.
A convenient 24-hour bill payment drop box is located in front of the Municipal Building, 401 Lafayette St., for city transactions and payments can be made online.
Any drop box payments made on Wednesday, Nov. 11 will not be posted until the following day.
- York County Public Library system
- Government offices
- York-Poquoson Social Services
James City County
- County offices
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park Store/Office
- Freedom Park Interpretive Center
- James City County Marina Store/Office
- Little Creek Reservoir Park Store/Office
The county’s public libraries and parks are open as well the James City County Recreation Center and Abram Frink Jr. Community Center.
In addition, the county’s convenience center and garbage transfer station is open.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- W&M reinstates men’s teams through 2022
- Remember that ex-Lafayette High School principal indicted on an embezzlement charge? She was sentenced this week
- Suspects sought in connection with armed robbery in York County
- Here’s what’s in the former Williams-Sonoma at Merchants Square
- Return to Learn Path 3: An updated timeline for in-person learning at WJCC