Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools are hosting a new, virtual walk in October: Safe Routes to Schools Virtual Walk.
“We encourage everyone to get outside for a walk through the neighborhood or walking path, or even around your house,” according to the Facebook post. “Remember, follow all safety guidelines including being alert, walking facing traffic, and looking both ways before crossing streets. Have a great walk!”
Participants are encouraged to post a picture, short video or draw their walk tagging the school on social media with #WeAreWJCC #wjccschoolssrtvirtualwalk and the name of the child’s school.
The Safe Routes to Schools Virtual walk is Oct. 23-24.
For more information, visit the WJCC Schools’ Facebook page.
Join WJCC Schools’ first ever Safe Routes to Schools Virtual Walk October 23 and 24! We encourage everyone to get…
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Decision 2020: Here’s how local registrars are handling the election this year
- Deck the halls and fall: Here’s the deal on Williamsburg’s free leaf and Christmas tree pick-up
- W&M Faculty Assembly votes to create athletics task force; motion to reinstate sports programs fails
- Title IX: W&M administration, alumni split on school’s compliance
- Tidewater Physicians Multispecialty Group welcomes new spine center. Here’s what they’re offering