Attention York County residents: Those interested in applying for a vacant Board of Supervisors seat can do so now.
Board of Supervisors Chairman Chad Green during a meeting this week said the application process for the vacant District 4 seat is moving forward.
The vacancy was created following the Oct. 12 resignation of Jeff Wassmer.
Those interested — applicants must be registered voters — are asked to submit an application, cover letter and resume to the county by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 6.
Forms can be found online. Applicants may submit their application package electronically, by regular mail to P.O. Box 532, Yorktown, VA 23690, or deliver in person to the County Administrator’s Office, 224 Ballard Street, Yorktown.
The York County Board of Supervisors is made up of five representatives – one from each voting district. The elected term of office is four years. Current Board members are:
- Walter C. Zaremba – District 1
- Sheila S. Noll – District 2
- Chad Green – District 3
- Thomas G. Shepperd, Jr. – District 5
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- York County supes to mull procedures to fill vacant seat
- There’s a new grant program available for Williamsburg restaurants and lodging. See if your business qualifies
- Doorbell cameras & crime: Here’s why you might want to consider sending footage to area law enforcement
- Former Econo Lodge in Williamsburg is now affordable housing