Families looking for an arts and crafts project can celebrate fall in a different way this year.
The James City County Parks and Recreation Department is hosting Scarecrow Row, a socially-distanced and family-friendly event in October.
Each scarecrow kit costs $20 and families must pre-register by Friday, Oct. 9.
“Bring your family and friends and come make the biggest, the best, and maybe the only scarecrow in your neighborhood,” according to the news release. “$20/scarecrow includes all supplies such as hay, clothes, paints, brushes and your space on the event field.”
Not interested coming to the event in person? Families can pick up scarecrow kits Monday, Oct. 19 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The Scarecrow Row event is at the event field at Jamestown Beach Event Park, 2205 Jamestown Road, on Saturday, Oct. 17 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For more information or to sign up, call 757-259-4200 or visit the James City County Parks and Recreation website.
Come make the biggest, the best, and maybe the only scarecrow in your neighborhood! On Saturday, Oct. 17, 11 a.m.–1 p.m….
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport celebrates 50 years. Here’s a look at its history and contributions
- Motion proposed for a vote of no confidence in W&M athletics director; calls for dismissal or resignation
- Community policing: National Night Out in Williamsburg turns into a night in
- Organizers: This celebration honors American Indian history and culture
- Celebrating 239th anniversary of the Siege of Yorktown without the annual parade