Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Sept. 20-26.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, maintenance and construction in Hampton Roads, visit Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download the 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry may experience reductions in capacity and service outages due to predicted high tides on early Sept. 19 through the late afternoon on Sept. 20.
Motorists are advised to expect potential delays and use the Route 17 James River Bridge as an alternate route.
From the Surry Side:
• Take Route 10 to Route 258 to the James River Bridge (Route 17);
• Follow signs for Route 64 West. Exit onto Route 199 toward Williamsburg; and
• Follow to Route 31 (Jamestown Road).
From the Jamestown Side:
• Take Route 31 to Route 199. Make a right onto Route 199;
• Merge onto Route 64 East. Follow to the James River Bridge exit;
• After traveling over the bridge make a right onto Route 258,
a right onto Route 10; and,
• Follow Route 10 to the Town of Surry traffic signal.
For updates on ferry service, motorists can call the ferry hotline at 1-800-VA-FERRY.