Labor Day is Monday, Sept. 7. Do you know what’s closed?
WYDaily compiled a a list of closures for Williamsburg, York County and James City County ahead of the holiday weekend so you can prepare and plan your week accordingly.
The following offices, buildings and parks are closed on Monday unless otherwise noted.
- City offices- includes all offices in the Municipal Building on Lafayette Street.
- Garbage collection- delayed one day. Monday collection is rescheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 8; Tuesday collection is rescheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Quarterpath Recreation Center- closed due to COVID-19.
- All City parks, including Waller Mill Park- open.
- City Council work session- Rescheduled for 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- County offices
- York-Poquoson Social Services
- Public Libraries
- Waste Management Center offices
- VPPSA Composting Facility
- York-Poquoson Cooperative Extension
- Garbage/Recycling Collections- The Republic Transfer Station and citizen drop-off areas for garbage and recycling are open.
- Curbside garbage collections will not be affected by the Labor Day holiday.
- Curbside recycling collections- Delayed by one day. Monday routes will be collected on Tuesday, Tuesday routes will be collected on Wednesday, etc., with Friday routes being collected on Saturday.
James City County
- County offices
- Libraries- closed Sunday, Sept. 6 and Monday, Sept. 7.
- Convenience Centers and Garbage Transfer Station
- Curbside Recycling: Delayed one day starting Monday, Sept. 7 (Monday’s recycling will be picked up on Tuesday, Tuesday’s on Wednesday, etc.)
- James City County Recreation Center and Abram Frink Jr. Community Center
- All County Parks- open.
- Freedom Park Store/Office
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park Store/Office- open.
- James City County Marina Store/Office- open.
- Little Creek Reservoir Park Store/Office- open.