Looking to get some errands done? You might want to do it before Friday.
Independence Day falls on a Saturday this year and some localities are observing the holiday the day before.
Here’s a list of closures for the July 4 holiday in the Historic Triangle.
The following places are closed on Friday, July 3 and curbside garbage and recycling collections are not open unless otherwise noted:
- Public office buildings — closed
- Quarterpath Recreation center- closed
- Williamsburg Regional Library branches closed July 3 and July 4
- York-Poquoson Social Services
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service
- Waste Management Center Administrative Office
- Waste Management Drop-off Area – Closed July 4
- Waste Management Transfer Station – Closed July 4
- VPPSA Composting Facility – Closed July 4
James City County
- County offices
- The James City County Recreation Center- Closed July 4
- Abram Frink Jr. Community Center- Closed July 4
- Convenience Centers and the Garbage Transfer Station- Closed on July 4. Convenience Centers will reopen on July 5 and the garbage transfer station will reopen on July 6
- Courts- Contact the Courts directly for schedule information
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- It’s Phase 3 and Busch Gardens Williamsburg remains closed. Local, park officials in discussions with the governor
- ABC stores will be open on July 4, but there’s a catch
- Not so fast: No-go on congregating in bars during Phase 3
- Williamsburg Police want to question this person. It has something to do with a vandalism