Applications for James City County’s housing programs will become available later this week.
The county will begin accepting applications June 25 for its Housing Choice Voucher, Mainstream Voucher program. Applications can be submitted online between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the James City County Office of Housing waiting list website.
Time and date of the applications receipt will not impact whether an application is selected for the wait list, according to a news release from the county.
Information about placement on the list will also be available online shortly after the closing date. Instructions regarding status information are provided during the application process.
Only households meeting the following qualifications will be selected:
- Non-elderly, meaning at least 18 years old and younger than 62.
- Residents that have disabilities.
- Residents living and working in James City County.
- Residents transitioning out of institutional or segregated settings.
- Residents who are current participants in a permanent supportive housing or rapid rehousing project.
Applicants will be selected using a random lottery system and not all will be placed on the waiting list. James City County residents will be given waitlist preference.
Visit James City County online for more information.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- James City County asking for public feedback on Section 8 plan
- ‘Forgotten Soldier: African Americans in the Revolutionary War’ exhibition back for a limited time
- Calls to defund local police departments intensify. What exactly does that mean?
- It’s official: Brashear named director of W&M’s Muscarelle Museum of Art