Joint Base Langley-Eustis has lifted the stay-at-home and essential travel only order allowing veterans and retirees to access the base on Fridays.
JBLE previously mandated all persons wear cloth face coverings when they cannot social distance at least six feet apart or are in public areas and limited base to official business only.
“This amendment eases some of the restrictions, but we must remain vigilant, cautious, and measured in our efforts so as not to prolong the pandemic,” said Col. Clint Ross, in a prepared statement. “By following applicable public health guidance such as social distancing, proper hygiene, and use of face coverings, together we can limit the spread of COVID-19.”
The base is now open on Fridays to all personnel which apply to DoD ID card holders, retirees, veterans health identification card holders and their dependents, according to the editor’s note on the May 15 Facebook post.
However, trusted travelers and guest passes are still restricted.
In addition, those living in JBLE housing including off-base housing like Bethel Manor are allowed to attend gatherings of 10 or fewer people but residents are encouraged to stay home, leaving only for essentials.
“I know the past two months have been hard on everyone, but I appreciate all the effort and sacrifice you and your families have done to keep our community safe,” Ross said.
YOU ALSO MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Capturing life under a ‘stay-at-home’ order…front porch-style
- Access to Joint Base Langley-Eustis will be for ‘official business only,’ following coronavirus case
- Langley pushes Hampton Roads Air Show another two years. Here’s why
- Spouse of soldier at Joint Base Langley-Eustis dies of coronavirus complications. The soldier, positive for COVID-19