Residents struggling to pay their bills during the coronavirus may get some much-needed relief.
James City County is hosting a virtual Zoom meeting on Wednesday and wants residents to comment about the COVID-19 Community Development Block Grant for an upcoming community project.
The meeting is public and comments are allowed. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
“Information on the amount of funding available, the requirements on benefit to low- and moderate-income persons, eligible activities, and plans to minimize displacement and provide displacement assistance as necessary will be available,” according to the news release from the county. “Citizens will also be given the opportunity to comment on James City County’s past use of CDBG funds.”
The James City County COIVD-19 CDBG Emergency Payment of Rent and Utilities Application hearing is Wednesday, May 20 at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Keith Denny at 757-259-5349.
Residents can submit comments by phone at 757-259-5349 or in writing to Housing Office, 5320 Palmer Lane, Suite 1A, Williamsburg, VA 23188 by May 27.
YOU ALSO MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Here’s how Williamsburg, James City County continue to address housing affordability (Free read)
- Five things you need to know: Phase 1 reopening
- Sure there are coronavirus testing sites in the area but for some, getting there is another story
- James City County pumps $500K to Greater Williamsburg Small Business Relief Fund
- Regular graduations for WJCC high school seniors? Some students, parents are all for it
- Pretrial detention amid the coronavirus: Williamsburg-James City County ahead of the curve; and a take from a defense attorney