Optima Health is extending coverage for treatment of COVID-19 to June 30.
Optima officials said the move is “to remove barriers to care and provide safe treatment options for our members during the COVID-19 crisis, and as outlined in the CARES Act.”
Optima Health is a service of Sentara Healthcare.
According to a news release, Optima is providing the following benefits at no cost to its members (i.e. no member co-pays or cost-share) for in-network providers and labs for its fully insured Commercial, Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid plans, as well as participating self-funded groups:
- All telehealth visits, including telephone only, with any in-network care provider
- Any necessary in-network or emergent out-of-network treatment of COVID-19
In accordance with the CARES Act, out-of-pocket member costs will be covered for medical care and testing provided to our members who see a health care provider, in-person or via-telehealth technology, when they suspect they are suffering from COVID-19 through the duration of the pandemic, according to Optima.
Reminder of pharmacy benefit changes
As previously announced, Optima Health has relaxed pharmacy benefits to ensure members have prescriptions on hand. Members:
- May fill prescriptions earlier than normal without penalty.
- Can contact their provider to evaluate and replace 30-day supplies of medications with 90-day supplies.
- Should consider, depending on their plan, home delivery options for prescriptions as a way to comply with social distancing guidelines. To learn how to order, visit here.
Coronavirus screening assessment tool
Optima Health has a web-based, interactive questionnaire to help people decide if they should seek medical attention based on their risk level for COVID-19. The pop-up tool can be found on the right-hand side of any page of optimahealth.com by clicking the “Coronavirus Assessment Tool.”
For more information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. To learn more about Optima Health and its COVID-19 programs, click here.
YOU ALSO MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Optima Health relaxes treatment payments for coronavirus
- Those with memory loss are suffering more than ever in self-isolation
- Regular graduations for WJCC high school seniors? Some students, parents are all for it
- Here’s a list of locations you can get tested for the coronavirus in the Peninsula and Hampton Roads