Langley Federal Credit Union has approved $79,500 in 11 grants to local non-profit organizations through its charitable giving program.
The following organizations will receive funds this month:
- Bon Secours Hampton Roads Foundations – $10,000
- ForKids – $10,000
- Housing Partnerships – $10,000
- Make-a-Wish Greater VA – $10,000
- New Vision Youth Services – $2,500
- Peninsula Reads – $10,000
- Peninsula YMCA – $10,000
- Poquoson Museum – $1,000
- Union Mission – $10,000
- Urban League of Hampton Roads – $2,500
- VersAbility Resources – $3,500
Bon Secours Hampton Roads Foundations will receive $10,000 to support ongoing COVID-19 efforts and to purchase equipment and personal protective equipment for staff, according to a news release from Langley Federal Credit Union.
Bon Secours Health System has five Hampton Roads hospitals and/or medical centers at Southampton Memorial, DePaul, Harbour View, Mary Immaculate and Maryview.
The $10,000 grant to ForKids will support those impacted by COVID-19’s economic hardship. Its Housing Crisis Hotline received the highest number of calls in one day in April.
Hotline staff answered 512 calls and returned 165 voice messages from people in need throughout Hampton Roads. These funds will help ForKids quickly find housing for families experiencing homelessness and additional support services, according to the news release.
Langley Federal Credit Union has contributed $374,500 in grants in 2020 to date. For more information about Langley’s community impact, click here.
YOU ALSO MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- This nonprofit is delivering essentials to seniors and the community during the coronavirus
- This nonprofit created a fund to support people with disabilities during the coronavirus
- These organizations have joined forces to raise money for local nonprofits affected by the coronavirus
- These nonprofits are hosting a ‘contactless’ food drive to help the hungry on the Peninsula