Budding entrepreneurs stuck at home during the coronavirus may have another outlet.
Unreasonable Kids, a nonprofit that provides entrepreneurship classes for children, has partnered with the Brooks Crossing Innovation in Newport News to offer free virtual classes taught by CEOs.
“Since school is out, Unreasonable Kids has created a Zoom educational learning experience for kids, ages 7-17, to learn from top executives in various fields to keep his or her social entrepreneurial spark lit,” according to the Eventbrite page. “An opportunity for kids to meet a top executive and to ask one on one questions from how do you manage during a crisis to what skills does it take to become a top leader, and more, in a 1 hr- Zoom session.”
Here’s a list of classes — click on the event to register. The first class starts Monday:
- Virtual Breakfast with Gabriela Corbera, Business and Human Rights Strategist at Global Social Innovation, LLC on Monday, April 20 at 10 a.m.
- Virtual Breakfast with Luc Lapointe, CEO and Founder of the BC Lab on April 21 at 10 a.m.
- Virtual Brunch with Damon Kwame Mason, Soul on Ice: Past/Present/Future Producer on April 22 at 11 a.m.
- Earth Day 2020: #SDG13ClimateAction Virtual Discussion for Parents and Kids on April 22 at 6 p.m.
- Virtual Breakfast with Shireen Hafeez, Founder of Deaf Kids Code on April 23 at 10 a.m.
- Virtual Lunch with Claudia Romo Edelman, Founder and CEO, We Are All Human Foundation on April 23 at 1 p.m.
- National Superhero Day: A Day to Honor Medical Superheroes, All- Day Virtual Event.