If you’re looking to adopt a pet from a shelter, you have to make an appointment first.
“Thank you all for being patient as we attempt to accommodate continued adoptions during this time,” according to the PRAS’ Facebook post. “PRAS is going to adoptions by appointment only in the effort to keep everyone as safe as possible.”
The Heritage Humane Society serves Williamsburg and James City County. The Peninsula Regional Animal Shelter is based in Newport News and also serves Hampton, Poquoson, and York County.
Each adoption appointment at the PRAS is scheduled for 45-minute intervals. See PRAS’ available animals here.
Jennifer Lafountain, spokeswoman for the Heritage Humane Society, wrote in an email that people interested in setting up an appointment can contact the HHS’ adoption team via email at email@example.com or by calling 757-221-0150. See HHS’ available animals here.
The HHS is open for stray pet intakes from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day, best to call ahead so staff can prepare, and owner surrenders are by appointment only.
The Peninsula Regional Animal Shelter will also remain open for owner reclaims and pet intakes from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day.
- Sentara suspends drive-thru screening, prepares to open testing lab
- Parts of Colonial Parkway closed in response to coronavirus pandemic
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank sets up additional food pantry sites during the coronavirus
- Coronavirus cases in James City County are going up; state now has 1,200+ cases, 27 deaths
- Faith in the time of coronavirus: Local congregations learn new ways to reach members
- Five things you need to know: ‘Virginia is for Restaurant Lovers Takeout Week’
- Northam issues stay-at-home order as the number of coronavirus cases in Virginia surpass 1K; more than two dozen deaths
- There’s yet another coronavirus death in the Peninsula
- Newport News Shipbuilding confirms 5th positive case of the coronavirus
- Quarantine, self-isolation: Taking a toll on mental health
- Coronavirus: SeaWorld furloughs more than 90% of its workforce, including at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Trump in Norfolk: POTUS sends off USNS Comfort to NYC for coronavirus aid
- EXCLUSIVE: Envoy of Williamsburg won’t test residents for coronavirus, staff say
- Williamsburg Landing resident hospitalized after testing positive for the coronavirus
- Hampton Jail deputy tests positive for coronavirus