Newport News Shipbuilding on Wednesday confirmed a third positive case of the coronavirus (COVID 19).
Jennifer Boykin, president of NNS, wrote in a Facebook post the individual self-reported and the company will not release the name of the person.
This is the company’s third positive case in less than a week.
The individual is a government civilian employee who works in Building 2, outside the gates in the South Yard area. The person has not been on company property since March 16 and is currently recovering in quarantine.
Boykin said the company is meeting with employees who worked near or came in contact with the individual and are advising the employees to call their medical providers.
“If you test positive for COVID-19, I ask that you please report it to your supervisor immediately,” Boykin wrote. “The sooner we learn of a diagnosis, the greater our ability to keep our fellow shipbuilders as safe as possible.”
- Newport News Shipbuilding confirms second positive case of coronavirus
- Two more coronavirus deaths reported in the Peninsula
- Here’s how local authorities are enforcing Northam’s ban
- In photos and video: USNS Comfort prepares for deployment to NYC
- Area dietitian offers advice that might help you fight off the coronavirus
- Local businesses are adapting to the new reality of the coronavirus. Here’s how