Hampton City Schools is hosting a virtual hiring fair for teachers this week.
“School buildings and offices may be physically closed at this time but HCS is still hiring,” Kellie Goral, spokeswoman for the school district wrote in an email.
The school division is currently hiring teachers in the following areas:
- English Language Arts
- English as a Second Language
- Fine Arts: Visual Arts, Vocal
- Health Occupations
- History/Social Sciences
- Law & Public Safety
- Library Media
- Mathematics (sign-on bonus)
- Reading specialists
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, middle school, Physics)
- Special Education
- Sports Medicine
- Technology Education
- Therapists: Occupational, Physical, Speech
Candidates must apply to the job posting in order to register for the event. Online registration is open through March 26. Register here.
To qualify, all candidates must possess or be eligible for a teaching license issued by the the state. Find out more about teaching licenses here.
Candidates whose applications are approved will receive an email with an interview time and those who do are not approved will also be notified.
The Hampton City School Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair 2020 is on March 23-27 from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Newport News Shipbuilding confirms second positive case of coronavirus
- Coronavirus: As more people need food donations, organizations are running low on supply
- Five things you need to know: Filing for unemployment
- Newport News Shipbuilding worker tests positive for the coronavirus
- Northam cancels school year, orders non-essential businesses to close as positive coronavirus cases in the state grow to 254; Historic Triangle now at 44
- Coronavirus: Jefferson Lab temporarily suspends operation
- 3 more coronavirus deaths reported in Williamsburg, James City County and Newport News
- Local school divisions plan to continue paying some employees during two-week closure
- Coronavirus on the Peninsula: Public buildings, schools, organizations
- Here’s a list of events canceled due to the coronavirus