The traditional Irish holiday of St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Tuesday this year, but celebrations throughout Hampton Roads and the Peninsula have been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
As of noon on Friday, here are events in the area that have been canceled and celebrations where locals can still show their Irish pride.
Saturday: Kiwanis Club of Williamsburg, ShamROCK the ‘Burg!, CANCELED, tickets will be refunded.
Saturday: Brass Cannon Brewing, Shake Your Shamrocks, from 2 to 9 p.m. Guests can taste the new Golden Malarkey beer release and hear live music from Fiddlers Green and Clan MacCool. Food will be provided by Kirbside Dawgs and Hawgs.
Saturday: 501 Bar and Grill at Stonehouse, St. Patrick’s Day Party, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Guests can drink green beer and cocktails while enjoying a menu of corned beef an cabbage. There will be performances from Joe’s Day Off, which will be playing live Irish music.
Saturday: Oceans and Ale, St. Patties Day Party, starting at 11:30 a.m. Guests can enjoy performances mOcean and enjoy food specials including Irish nachos, Reuben Spring Rolls and house-made corned beef and cabbage.
Sunday: Billsburg Brewery, St. Paddy’s Day Beer Mile, POSTPONED until summer. Refunds will not be issued. Registrations and payments will be transferred to a new date.
Sunday: Alewerks Brewing Company, Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, from 4 to 7 p.m. Guests can hear live music from Fiddler’s Green and watcher Irish step performances from the Walker Academy of Irish Dance. There will also be a menu of Irish food provided by FoodaTude…Food with Attitude.
Hampton and Newport News
The following events are continuing as scheduled unless otherwise noted.
- Worst Day Since Yesterday Release/St Patrick’s Day Celebration at Tradition Brewing Company – March 13 from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Downtown Hampton on March 14 has been postponed. Organizers hope to have the celebration later this Spring.
- Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party at Smoke BBQ & Restaurant– March 14 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- St Patty’s Day Shamrock Bar Crawl at Power Plant Hampton Roads– March 14 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets are free.
- Shamrocks & Shenanigans at Power Plant Hampton Roads– March 14 from 2 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the American Legion – March 14 from 8 p.m to 12 a.m.
- St Patricks Day Celebration at Park Lane Tavern– March 14-17 at 2 p.m.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Party at Bar Louie Hampton- March 14 and March 17 from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saint Patrick’s Weekend at Schooners- March 14-17 at 10 p.m.
- St Patrick’s Day at The Green Turtle– March 17 from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- St Patty’s Day at Second Street American Bistro– March 17 from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day with Fiddler’s Green at the Vanguard Brewpub & Distillery– March 17 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Silent Shamrock Party at Triple Effectz Ultra Lounge– March 17 from 10 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tickets are $15.
- St Patrick’s Day Shananigans at AJ’s Sportsgrille & Smokehouse – March 17 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- St. Patricks Day at Capstan Bar Brewing Company on March 17 is canceled.