Opening day at Busch Gardens has been delayed for a few weeks in response to the coronavirus.
In a tweet Friday, Busch Gardens officials released a statement sayng they will temporarily close all of their theme parks starting March 14 through the end of the month.
— Busch Gardens VA (@BuschGardensVA) March 13, 2020
“During this time essential personnel, including animal care experts, will continue to look after the health, safety and nutritional needs of the animals in our care,” officials said. “Our animal rescue and rehabilitation operations will also continue to operate.”
In addition, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment will pay full-time ambassadors during this time.
Busch Gardens will continue to monitor the coronavirus situation.
James City County has seven “presumptive cases” of the coronavirus as of noon Friday.
- Northam orders all K-12 schools closed for a minimum of 2 weeks
- VDH: James City County now has 7 ‘presumptive positive’ coronavirus cases
- Local hospitals are changing their policies to contain the coronavirus
- Coronavirus ‘presumptive positive’ cases reported in Williamsburg
- WJCC school closes after alleged positive coronavirus case
- Northam declares state of emergency; cancels all scheduled state conferences and large events