Virginia’s Democratic presidential primary is Tuesday – polls are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Republican Party voted to cancel its Virginia primary, according to ballotpedia.org.
Tuesday marks Super Tuesday, with 14 states — Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Democrats Abroad, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia — and one U.S. territory holding nominating contests and one-third of delegates at stake.
A local reminder: Voters who use the Grafton School Complex will now use another location to cast their ballot for the primary elections.
The York County Electoral Board has temporarily relocated the polls to the Registrar’s Office in the Washington Square Shopping Center because the Grafton School Complex is closed following the electrical fire on Feb. 3.
Anyone who is voting in Virginia in person needs to bring an acceptable form of photo identification.
Voters arriving at the polls without photo ID will be required to vote a provisional ballot and will have until noon on the Friday following the election to deliver a copy of identification to their locality’s electoral board for their provisional ballot to be counted.
Here’s a list of acceptable forms of identification for in-person voting in Virginia:
- Valid Virginia driver’s license or identification card.
- Valid Virginia DMV issued veteran’s ID card.
- Valid U.S. passport.
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by the U.S. government, the state, or a political subdivision of the Virginia).
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal ID issued by one of 11 tribes recognized by the state.
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia).
- Valid student ID issued by a public school or private school in Virginia displaying a photo.
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business.