Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Feb. 16-22.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
Bridges & Tunnels
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64
- Alternating, single-lane closures from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- eastbound on Feb. 18-20
- westbound on Feb. 19-20
Berkley Bridge, I-264
- Full closure of the on-ramp from Market Street to I-264 west on Feb. 16-23, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on I-464 south and I-264 west on Feb. 18-19, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64 Widening Project, Newport News / York County / James City County
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) Feb. 16-20, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- A consecutive, long-term lane closure under traffic signal control on Colonial Parkway at the I-64 overpass continues.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
I-64 Southside Widening, High Rise Bridge Expansion
- Alternating, single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 281) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
- Feb. 17-20, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Feb. 21, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Feb. 22, from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Feb. 23, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64 Express Lanes
- Full closure of I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on Feb. 17, from 9-11 a.m.
- Multi-lane closures on I-64 east between Indian River Road (exit 286) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289) on Feb. 17-20, starting as early as 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- Alternating, single-lane closures on the ramp from Newtown Road to I-264 east on Feb. 17-20 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, double-lane closures on I-64 west from Twin Bridges to I-264 on Feb. 17-21 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Mobile, single-lane closures on I-264 east from Military Highway (exit 13) to Newtown Road (exit 15) on Feb. 17-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Narrowing of the ramp from Witchduck Road to I-264 east on Feb. 16-21 from 7 p.m .to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure on I-264 east from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Feb. 16-22 starting as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closure on I-264 west from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Feb. 16-23 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure on the ramp from I-264 east to Newtown Road (exit 15) on Feb. 17-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Other Notable Closures:
Route 258, Isle of Wight
- Full closure of US-258 (Brewers Neck Road) at Benns Church Boulevard on Feb. 18, from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
HRBT Expansion Project: For future lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.