The Salvation Army in Williamsburg needs volunteers for its annual Red Kettle Campaign in the Historic Triangle.
“We have approximately 70 percent of the shifts open,” said Lt. Jeremy Lind, commanding officer of the Williamsburg Salvation Army office.
Volunteers are needed for two-hour shifts between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. for the holiday season.
“We’re mainly looking for individuals or family or church or school groups,” Lind said. “Anybody who can ring a bell for two hours.”
People younger than 18 years old must have a parent or guardian present to participate.
“We’re always looking for volunteers to help us out,” Lind said. “Anybody who is interested in helping the community.
There are 16 locations around the Historic Triangle:
- Food Lion in Norge, 7537 Richmond Road
- Virginia ABC in Lightfoot, 6497 Centerville Road
- Walmart, 731 E. Rochambeau Drive
- Food Lion at the Premium Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road Ste A
- Food Lion, 1234 Richmond Road
- ABC store, 1244 Richmond Road
- Panera in Newtown, 5218 Monticello Ave.
- Walmart, 4670 Casey Blvd.
- Belks, 4900-3 Monticello Ave.
- Virginia ABC, 4640-6 Monticello Ave.
- Harris Teeter, 4511 John Tyler Highway
- Food Lion, 5251 John Tyler Highway
- Harris Teeter, 1530 Quarterpath Road
For more information or to volunteer, contact the Salvation Army Williamsburg office at 757-229-6511.