Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Nov. 17 to Nov. 23.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Single-lane closures, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- eastbound on Nov. 18
- westbound on Nov. 18-21
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664
- Single-lane closures southbound on Nov. 19, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, mobile single-lane closure northbound on Nov. 19, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17
- Alternating, mobile single-lane closures in both directions on Nov. 20-21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Coleman Bridge, Route 17
- Alternating mobile single-lane closures in both directions on Nov. 18-19, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I-64 Southside Widening – High Rise Bridge, Chesapeake
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 297) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
- Nov. 17-21, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 22, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Nov. 23, from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Nov. 24, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) Nov. 17-21, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass Nov. 11-15, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
I-64 Express Lanes
- Express lanes will be closed:
- Nov. 22, 10 p.m. through Nov. 25 at 11 a.m.
I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- Double-lane closure of the I-264 east mainline/inside set from I-64 to Newtown Road (exit 15) beginning Nov. 22 at 10 p.m. through Nov. 25 at 5 a.m. The 284A exit ramp from I-64 east to I-264 east will also be closed at these times. The I-64 Express Lanes will be closed starting Nov. 22 at 10 p.m. and will reopen at 11 a.m. on Nov. 24.
- Full closure of the I-264 east (outside set) off-ramp (exit 14B) to I-64 west on Nov. 18-22 from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Full closure of the I-64 east off-ramp (exit 284B) to I-264 east (outside set) on Nov. 18-22 from midnight to 5 a.m.
- Double-lane closure of I-264 east at Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Nov. 18 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Double-lane closure of I-264 east at Newtown Road (exit 15) on Nov. 19 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
I-264 Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- Alternating, double-lane closures on I-264 west from the Broad Creek Bridge to Military Highway (exit 13) on Nov. 17-21, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Multi-lane closures westbound from the I-64 interchange to the Runway Tunnel:
- Nov. 10, 7 a.m. to 3 a.m.
- Nov. 11-13, 9 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
- Nov. 14, 10 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
- Slow rolls with stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes on I-95 north and south from Route 301/Sussex Drive (exit 12) to Route 301/Skippers Road (exit 8) on Nov. 19-21, between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).