Veterans Day is Monday and some places on the peninsula will be closed for the federal holiday to honor our men and women who have served in the armed forces.
WYDaily has compiled a list of what is closed for the holiday. The following offices are closed on Monday, Nov. 11 unless otherwise noted.
- All city offices
- Quaterpath Recreation Center
- Garbage collection will not be affected. Pick-up will remain on schedule.
- Every other week recycling is not scheduled for this week.
- Waller Mill Park will observe normal operating hours.
- Water Emergencies after hours, weekends and holidays, please call 757-220-2331.
- Williamsburg Regional Library branches will be open.
- City Council Work Session has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 4 p.m. at the Stryker Center.
- A 24-hour bill payment drop box is located on the front of City Hall at 401 Lafayette St. for city transactions. In addition, most city payments can be made online. Drop box payments made on Monday, Nov. 11 will not be posted until the following day.
James City County
- County offices
- Williamsburg-James City County Courthouse
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park Store -Office
- James City County Marina Store-Office
- Little Creek Reservoir Park Store-Office
The Williamsburg Regional Library will remain open.
- Government offices
- York-Poquoson Social Services
- City Offices
- City Schools
- Garbage Collection No recycling, refuse, bulk trash or yard waste. Pick-ups normally made Monday will be made Wednesday, Nov. 13.
- Yard Waste Site Closed Monday, Nov. 11.
- Street Sweeping. Makeup day is Saturday, Nov. 16.
- Health Department/Clinics
- Social Services
- Charles H. Taylor Arts Center
- Hampton History Museum office
- Air Power Park Museum office
- City Offices
- Garbage, recycling and bulk waste collections – all collections for the week will be delayed one day, i.e., Monday’s collections will take place on Tuesday, Tuesday’s on Wednesday, Wednesday’s on Thursday, and Thursday’s on Friday.
- Recovery Operations Center (i.e., landfill)