Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Oct. 27 to Nov. 2.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Alternating single-lane closures westbound on Oct. 28-31, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure eastbound on Oct. 28-29, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Berkley Bridge, I-264
- Test openings lasting up to 35 minutes each on Oct. 27:
- Eastbound, between 3-4 a.m.
- Westbound, between 4-6 a.m.
- Alternating mobile single-lane closures in both directions on Oct. 29, from 9:30 a.m. until noon.
- Alternating mobile single-lane closures on I-264 from Waterside Drive to Campostella Road on Oct. 31, from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Alternating single lane closures in both directions on Oct. 31, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64 Southside Widening – High Rise Bridge, Chesapeake
- Full closure and detour of I-64 east and west near the High Rise Bridge on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 11 p.m. to Sunday, Nov. 3 at 6 a.m. and Sunday, Nov. 3, at 11 p.m. to Monday, Nov. 4, at 4 a.m. (See the full release here).
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
- Oct. 27-31, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 1, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Nov. 2, from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Nov. 3, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full ramp closure on I-64 west to Yorktown Road (exit 247), Oct. 28-31, starting as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on Yorktown Road westbound on Oct. 28-31, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Penniman Road at the I-64 overpasses on Oct. 28-34, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) Oct. 27-31, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass Oct. 28-Nov. 1, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Oct. 28-29, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
I-64 Express Lanes
- Express lanes will be closed:
- Oct. 25-26, from 10 p.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 1 at 10 p.m. through Nov. 3 at 11 a.m.
I-64, Newport News
- Double-lane closure on I-64 westbound from Fort Eustis Boulevard (exit 250) to the Denbigh Boulevard overpass on Oct. 28-29, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Double-lane closure on I-64 eastbound at the Denbigh Boulevard overpass on Oct. 28-31, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Triple-lane closure on I-64 westbound at J. Clyde Morris Boulevard (exit 258) on Oct. 28-29, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- Multi-lane closures on I-264 east from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Oct. 28 through Nov. 3, beginning as early as 7 p.m. through 5 a.m.
- Double-lane closure of the I-264 east mainline/inside set from I-64 to Newtown Road (exit 15) beginning Nov. 1 at 10 p.m. through Nov. 4 at 5 a.m.
- Double lane-closures on I-664 north from Aberdeen Road (exit 3) to Powhatan Parkway (exit 2), Oct. 28-30, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Multi-lane closures in both directions from the I-64 interchange to the Runway Tunnel on Oct. 27-31, starting as early as 6 p.m. through 3 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).