Drivers on Interstate 64 should expect a series of nightly lane closures — and possibly some delays — through the week. As a result of VDOT’s I-64 widening project certain ramps and lanes will experience closures from Sept. 8-14.
- James River Bridge, Route 17: Alternating single-lane closures in both directions, Sept. 9-12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17: Alternating single-lane closures, Sept. 9-10, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (Exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (Exit 242), Sept. 8-12, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound.
- Overnight and daytime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at I-64 overpass, Sept. 8, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and Sept. 10-13, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- I-64 Express Lanes will be closed: Sept. 13-14, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.