A fire in Powhatan Secondary on Monday displaced five people, two dogs and three guinea pigs.
Authorities said neighbors in the 100 block of George Wilson Court in Powhatan Secondary reported a house fire at around 1:58 p.m.
There, James City County Fire crews were able to see the fire through the roof, according to a news release from the county.
The James City-Bruton Volunteer Fire Department, Williamsburg Fire Department and York County Department of Fire and Life Safety were all at the scene.
The fire was under control at 2:55 p.m. Authorities said it caused significant damage to the two-story home.
James City County Fire Chief Ryan Ashe said the fire caused the entire roof to collapse inside the home and also damaged the first floor.
The people living there were not at home at the time and the fire caused no injuries. Ashe said there were two dogs and three guinea pigs that were rescued from the fire.
James City County Fire Marshal Kenny Driscoll said the fire was caused by the wiring or an exterior flood light at the rear of the house.
The fire was ruled accidental.