Drivers on Interstate 64 should expect a series of nightly lane closures — and possibly some delays — through the week. As a result of VDOT’s I-64 widening project certain ramps and lanes will experience closures from Aug. 11-17.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- James River Bridge, Route 17: Alternating single-lane closures northbound and southbound Aug. 12-13, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Aug. 12-15, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17: Alternating single-lane closures, on Aug. 14, from 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) on Aug. 11-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound.
- With assistance from Virginia State Police, there will also be a series of temporary stoppages on I-64 west, lasting no longer than 20 minutes each, for bridge work at the Lakeshead Drive overpass on Aug. 13-15, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass as follows. (Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.):
- Aug. 12-16, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Aug. 13, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Daytime lane closures under flagger control on Colonial Parkway on Aug. 13, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- 64 Express Lanes will be closed:
- Aug. 12, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Aug. 16-17, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.