NORFOLK — The Night Nation Run 5K will be taking place in the downtown area on Saturday.
Here are the road closures motorists should be aware of:
The road closures will begin at 6:30 p.m. on:
- Northbound and southbound Boush Street to Martin’s Lane.
- Eastbound Waterside Drive from Martins Lane to Water Street.
- Eastbound and westbound Water Street from St. Paul’s to East Main Street.
All roads will reopen no later than 9:30 p.m.
Here’s a description of the course:
- Start time is 8 p.m.
- Begins in Town Point Park at the center gate.
- Participants will proceed east then north on southbound Boush Street to Charlotte Street.
- Make a U-turn and proceed south on northbound Boush Street to Waterside Drive at Martins Lane.
- Cross from westbound Waterside Drive to eastbound Waterside Drive at Martins Lane and proceed east to Water Street.
- Proceed east on Water Street to East Main Street.
- Make a U-turn and proceed west on the sidewalk to the Elizabeth River Trail.
- Turn left on the Elizabeth River Trail behind Dominion Tower, The Sheraton and Waterside District.
- Proceed along the waterfront and finish inside Town Point Park.
Click here for the Night Nation Run route map.
Parking will be removed from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on eastbound Waterside Drive.