Drivers on Interstate 64 should expect a series of nightly lane closures — and possibly some delays — through the week. As a result of VDOT’s I-64 widening project certain ramps and lanes will experience closures from Aug. 4-10.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- James River Bridge, Route 17: Single-lane closures northbound and southbound, Aug. 5-9, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17: Series of test openings, Aug. 5, between 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) Aug. 4-8, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound.
- Daytime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, on August 8-9, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Nightime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, on Aug. 4-6, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- 64 Express Lanes will be closed:
- Aug. 5, from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Aug. 9-10, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.