Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of July 14 to July 20 .
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Single-lane closures southbound, July 17, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure northbound, July 16, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Single-lane closures northbound, July 18, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure eastbound, July 14-19, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure eastbound, July 15-19, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Single-lane closure westbound, July 14-17, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure westbound, July 15-19, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closure northbound and southbound, July 15-16, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A series of bridge test openings lasting up to 20 minutes eastbound and westbound, July 18, between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Maintenance opening occurring eastbound and westbound, July 21, between 6 a.m. and 6:30 a.m
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242):
- July 14-18 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound
- With assistance from Virginia State Police, there will also be a series of temporary stoppages on I-64 west, lasting no longer than 20 minutes each, for bridge work at the Lakeshead Drive overpass July 18, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Daytime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, on July 15-19, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Daytime lane closure under flagger control on Rochambeau Drive at Bruton High School on July 15-19 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- I-64 alternating single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
- July 14-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- July 19 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- July 20 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Full ramp closure from I-64 west to George Washington Highway (296A), July 17-18, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Slow rolls with stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes and a double lane closure on I-64 eastbound between Jefferson Avenue(Exit 255) and J Clyde Morris Boulevard(Exit 258), July 15, 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- A consecutive full ramp closure from the northbound LaSalle Avenue on-ramp to I-64 east in Hampton continues until summer 2019 for bridge repair work. Find project and detour information here.
- Full ramp closure from I-95 north to US-301(Sussex Drive) until July 12-19.
- Slow rolls with stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes on 95 north and south between Route 301(Exit 8) and Route 614(Exit 13), July 17-18, 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).