VIRGINIA BEACH — Hyatt Place in Town Center, the first in the city, is officially open.
The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free WiFi and 24-hour food offerings, officials said in a news release.
The hotel is owned and operated by Suburban Capital.
RELATED STORY: By the time it’s built, this hotel will have: 127 rooms, 27 new jobs, and a $26.3 million investment
The company’s newest venture is within walking distance of the entire Town Center which offers a wide variety of shopping, dining and entertainment destinations.
Wegmans shopping, Pembroke Mall, the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts and the Funny Bone Comedy club are all within a short walk or driving distance.
RELATED STORY: Here’s an inside look at the new Wegmans in Virginia Beach
“As Virginia Beach continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel to the area,” said General Manager Rob Murphy. “With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need to do while on the road.”
Hyatt Place at Town Point offers the following amenities:
- 127 spacious guestrooms
- Free WiFi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Gallery kitchen breakfast,
- 24/7 gallery menu and market
- Coffee to cocktails bar
- Odds & ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- 2,446 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting and functional spaces
- 24-hour gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free earbuds