Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of June 16 to June 22.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Alternating single-lane closures north, June 18, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures north and south, June 18, from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. from 26th street to Terminal Avenue.
- Single-lane closure northbound, June 20, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64
- Single-lane closures eastbound, June 16-20, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures westbound, June 17-20, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m
- A series of test openings expected to last about 20 minutes each will be performed north and south from June 21-23, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating single-lane closures north and south, June 18-19, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242):
- June 16, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound
- June 17-20, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- June 21, starting as early as 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Daytime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, on June 17-21, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- I-64 alternating single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
- June 16-20, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- June 21, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Slow rolls with stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes and a double lane closure on I-64 east from Fort Eustis Boulevard to Denbigh Boulevard, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the nights of June 16-17. Slow rolls begin at 10 p.m.
- Full ramp closure on the off-ramp from I-64 east and west to J Clyde Morris Boulevard (exit 258), June 16-20, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on the on-ramps from north and south Jefferson Avenue to I-64 east and west, June 16-22, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full ramp closure on I-64 west off-ramp to George Washington Highway (exit 296A), June 17, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- A consecutive full ramp closure from the northbound LaSalle Avenue on-ramp to I-64 east in Hampton continues until summer 2019 for bridge repair work. Find project and detour information here.
- Full closure of I-264 east collector-distributor road (outside lanes) between Military Highway and Newtown Road 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. June 19. Detour at I-64/264 interchange to Indian River Road. Mainline I-264 east will remain open.
- On-ramp to 264 east from Newtown Road north and south will be closed 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. June 18-21. Detour will be in place.
- Full ramp closure from I-95 north to US-301(Sussex Drive) on June 12-26.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).