The first-ever Crab Cake Week is coming to Williamsburg and Richmond this June, featuring crab cakes containing only sustainably-sourced Chesapeake Bay blue crab.
The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay will have Crab Cake Week from June 1-9, the alliance wrote in a news release.
Participating restaurants will highlight their own crab cake meals while also “raising awareness about Williamsburg’s relationship to the bay.”
Crab Cake Week also aims to emphasize the importance of clean water.
“After all, you know how people would get if we lost this local resource: Crabby!” according to the news release.
Restaurants participating in the weeklong event will donate 10 percent of all crab cake sales to the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay in support of its mission: to lead, support, and inspire local action to restore and protect the lands, rivers, and streams of the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Here’s a list of participating restaurants:
- The 1607 Grill – 3700 Centerville Road, Williamsburg
- Berret’s Taphouse Grill – 199 South Boundary St., Williamsburg
- Café Provencal in Wedmore Place – 5800 Wessex Hundred, Williamsburg
- Center Street Grill – 5101 Center St, Williamsburg
- Corner Pocket – 4805 Courthouse St., Williamsburg
- Craft 31 – 3701 Strawberry Plains Road, Williamsburg
- Fat Tuna Grill and Oyster House – 1433 Richmond Road, Williamsburg
- Gabriel Archer Tavern at Williamsburg Winery
- Opus 9 Steakhouse – 5143 Main St., Williamsburg
- Revolution Golf and Grille – 1430 High St., suite 706, Williamsburg,
- Riverwalk Restaurant – 323 Water St., A-1, Yorktown
- Second Street Bistro – 140 2nd St., Williamsburg
- Sportsman’s Grille – 240 McLaws Circle, suite 154, Williamsburg
- Water Street Grille – 323 Water St., Yorktown
Find more information on Crab Cake Week and the participating restaurants there on the alliance website.