This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and lucky for Peninsula residents, there are plenty of places to take mom and show her how much you appreciate her.
From food to turtle painting, WYDaily has you covered.
- Virginia Beer Company has a number of entertaining and tasty events this weekend. On Friday, there will be 15 beers all day including two new wine barrel aged Saisons. For entertainment, musician Jason Cale will be performing starting at 6 p.m. On Saturday, guests can experience free brewery tours at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. On Sunday, guests can tie-dye their own bandannas or buy mom a discounted growler.
- The Williamsburg Regional Library hasn’t forgotten mom either. On Saturday, WRL is providing a Make a Bath Bomb for Mom from 2-3 p.m. event for last-minute teen gifts. This event is for guests ages 13 to 18.
- At Busch Gardens, give mom the gift of a never-ending memory with photography specials. At all photo locations, the park is offering two prints, two key chains and a digital download for $19.99. Additionally, the Caribou Potter location in New France is offering $1 off glasses of cider and 20 percent off cider bottles.
- Start off this Mother’s Day with a brunch in the Regency Room in the Williamsburg Inn. The Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet will have special table displays, chef action stations, and a special Mother’s Day dessert table with treat’s from the Inn’s pastry chef. Tickets are $99.95 or $48.95 for children ages 3 to 10. Children younger than 3 are free.
- The Williamsburg Lodge is also hosting a special Mother’s Day Brunch from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday. There will be a selection of scones as well as a chef action station. Tickets are $28 or $14 for children ages 3 to 10.
- Take mom to a Scottish Highland storytelling experience in the Hennage Auditorium in the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg. Master storyteller Donna Wolf will be telling tales of ogres and fairies from 3:30-4:30 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are included in admission to Colonial Williamsburg or the Art Museum.
- To finish off the day’s activities, head to Christiana Campbell’s Mother’s Day Dinner At Christiana Campbell’s Tavern. There will be an 18th-century style dinner with a special chef-curated menu including a champagne cocktail or a flight of wine. Reservations can be made by calling 855-283-4075. Tickets are $49.95 each or $24.95 for children ages 3 to 10.
- Starpower Hampton Roads 2019 – May 10 from 4 p.m. to May 12 at 10 p.m.
- Deployed Family Game Night – May 10 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Forge a Copper Rose for Mother’s Day – May 10 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Viatlize You Wellness class – May 11 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Mother’s Day WOD – May 11 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Buckroe Beach Farmers Market – May 11 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Turtle Paintings – May 11 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- AKC Fit Dog Walk – May 11 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Mother’s Day Paint Party – May 11 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mother’s Day at Oozlefinch – May 11 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Let’s Get Fused Suncatchers Workshop – May 11 from noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Beer, Dogs & Veterans fundraiser event – May 11 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Mother’s Day Tea – May 11 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Pillow Box Paper Crafting – May 11 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Alice In Wonderland, Jr – May 11 at 6 p.m.
- Downtown Hampton Block Party – May 11 from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Dancing Under The Sun – May 11 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tango at the Vanguard– May 12 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Mommy & Me Social– May 10 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Walk 4 Life Care Net Peninsula– May 11 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Mother’s Day at Lifehouse – May 11 from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. (multiple times)
- Mother’s Day Coffee & Crafts Plank Workshop – May 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Kids Run Trains at the National Train Day Show – May 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fandom Fest– May 11 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- City Center Mother’s Day Celebration – May 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Community Day – May 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hilton Art Walk 2019 – May 11 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Concert Band at Newport News – May 11 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Stargazing and Laser Evening – May 11 from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- TRAP&PAINT FOR MOTHER’S DAY– May 11 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Mother’s Day at the VLM- May 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Paint Night Mother’s Day Mixed Roses– May 12 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mommy & Me Mother’s Day Paint Party – May 12 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- MAMMA MIA! Auditions at PCT – May 12 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.