While a Google search for the Williamsburg location of Firehouse Subs will say the restaurant is permanently closed, fans shouldn’t worry.
It is unclear when the location closed, but a sign on the door tells visitors that it won’t be permanent.
The shop is closed for remodeling and is expected to open on May 1, according to the sign.
The Firehouse Subs franchise owner, William Tilley, and the Firehouse Subs media team were not immediately available for comment.
Firehouse Subs is at 1430 Richmond Road in the High Street Shopping Center. The business was one of the first few to open at the shopping center in 2009.
In 2013, the Williamsburg location donated a $19,500 emergency-response all-terrain vehicle to the Williamsburg Fire Department. This donation is in line with the national chain’s dedication to fire departments in communities across America with the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation.
Until May, if fans want to feed their Firehouse Sub cravings, there are two locations in Newport News and one location in Hampton.