If you have plans to travel for the Easter holiday, the Virginia Department of Transportation wants to make your trip a little easier by suspending most road closures from noon Friday until noon Tuesday.
While lane closures will be lifted in most areas, drivers may encounter semi-permanent work zones that remain in place during that time.
A full listing of those lane closures can be found on the VDOT website.
Highway Safety Month
April is Highway Safety Month in Virginia, but safety should always be top of mind. What you do impacts others. Do your part in making travel safer for all:
- If you plan to drink, have a designated driver or use a ride service
- Buckle up
- Keep your eyes on the road
- Take a break if you are drowsy
- Don’t drive distracted, and speak up if someone else is doing so
Real-time traffic information
VDOT’s free mobile 511 app offers information about construction, traffic, incidents and congestion as well as access to traffic cameras, weather and more. Traffic information is also available at 511Virginia.org, or by calling 511 from any phone.
To report a road problem or get answers to your transportation questions, call VDOT’s Customer Service Center at 800-FOR-ROAD (800-367-7623) around the clock.
Northern Virginia High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV)
- All HOV restrictions on I-66 will operate on a normal schedule during the holiday travel period.
- Go online to find directional schedules for the reversible 95 Express Lanes.
Hampton Roads HOV schedule and tunnel info
- I-64/I-264/I-564 HOV diamond lanes and 64 Express Lanes: HOV 2+ restrictions are not enforced on Sundays. The 64 Express Lanes in Norfolk are free and open to all motorists outside of normal operating hours, including Sundays. Check here to learn more about the 64 Express Lanes.